Model 290 Features
The Model 290 enhancements include the following:
- Retro housing design - a throwback to the model 201 built in the 1950's.
- Housing attachment knob design - machined stainless steel knobs rather than wing nuts for enhanced styling.
- Removable press plate - guide pin relocated from the back of the machine to side allowing the removal of press plate for ease of cleaning of the press chamber area.
- Juice tray attachment clip - added to the back of juice tray to allow for a more secure fit of tray to press plate.
- Improved machine ventilation - sheet metal ventilation holes redesigned to allow 52% more airflow to motor resulting in lower operating temperatures.
- New Power Entry Module (PEM) with removable IEC style electrical cord - standardized PEM allows for easy conversion to electrical cord specific to users country’s electrical system.
The model 290 parts listed above are not interchangeable with ANY previous models.
The only two-part juicer
The Norwalk Juicer is actually a combination of two machines sharing the same body and powered by the same motor. A Vortex Cutter for complete cutting and grinding and a Hydraulic Press which extracts the nutrients from the pulp provided by the Cutter.
The Norwalk Juicer utilizes the Vortex Cutter, a helical cutter-grinder mechanism (the triturator) which greatly improves the ability to cut the fibers of raw foods down to the cellular level. This enables the maximum extraction of nutrients.
The Hydraulic Press extracts the nutrients from the pulp provided by the Vortex Cutter. The tremendous pressure exerted by the Norwalk Hydraulic Press gently and completely extracts the natural fruit sugars, vitamins, trace minerals, enzymes, and other vital elements. This imparts to the juice an extremely fine quality and flavor to the juice which is unequaled by any other method of juice extraction.
Stainless steel parts
Solid metal construction. Five of the seven removable parts are stainless steel, and with the exception of the press plate, all removable parts are dishwasher safe.
Laboratory test proves Norwalk is best
A comparative study of the operation and efficiency of machine "A", a leading centrifugal juicer; machine "B", described as being a juicer, grater and homogenizer; and machine "N", a Norwalk hydraulic press juicer and a chemical analysis of the mineral content of the extracted juices. Uniform five pound samples of carrots, parsley, and celery were run on each of the machines with the following results:
Hand made in the USA since 1934
The Norwalk Juicer has always been and continues to be proudly made in the USA by skilled craftsmen. Over 98% of the parts used in the production of the Norwalk are also made, manufactured, or sourced in the USA.